Started in 2004 by two sisters with a love of up-cycling, Red Umbrella has grown into a Sonoma County staple and has been awarded "Best Consignment Store" and "People's Choice Award" for several years running. With over 5,000 consignors, we have a huge, yet carefully curated selection of women's name brand merchandise, both new and consigned. From funky, eclectic, bohemian...to classic, elegant or preppy, we offer a unique shopping experience sure to delight. Shop here and own the exact same items you’d find in retail chains or boutiques but at up to 80% off!
In keeping with our eclectic and independent style, we also offer one-of-a-kind furniture pieces including modern, rustic/industrial, shabby chic, and traditional.
How to Consign
If you’ve got great clothing, shoes or accessories in your closet that you’re not wearing right now, put them to work for you by consigning with us. Follow the guidelines below to ensure the best possible success and earnings for your items.
- We accept current women's fashions (purchased within the last few years) including clothing, footwear, handbags, jewelry and accessories from popular, better boutique and designer labels. The cleanliness and appearance of your items is very important. Please take the time to presort your items to ensure that they are in excellent condition. They must be clean, odor-free/wrinkle-free (ready to sell) and on hangers for quick sorting.(don't worry, we return your hangers!) Please, no garbage bags. Items offered with stains, snags, tears, missing buttons, or in need of cleaning will not be accepted.
We accept clothing seasonally
- February-April - Spring Clothing
- May–July - Summer Clothing
- August-September - Fall Clothing
- October-December - Winter Clothing
Consignment Percentage -
- Consignors receive 40% of the final selling price on all consigned items except for furniture which receives 50%. Payment may be redeemed in cash/check or store credit. You may check your account by phone or pick up your money in the store during regular business hours. We are happy to mail a check on request for amounts over $50. If you would like us to mail a check, simply call us at 707-778-3499.
Consignment Times -
- Tuesday - Friday 11-4---- Saturday 10-1 - No consignments accepted Sunday or Monday
- No appointment is necessary, however, it's always a good idea to give us a call in advance to insure we aren't full for the day. 707-778-3499.
- If you would like for us to consider furniture, home decor, art or handcrafted items, please e-mail digital photos prior to bringing them to the store: Our email: Redumbrella1@sbcglobal.net
- We base our prices on supply and demand, condition, label, and original retail price. All prices will be set by experienced Red Umbrella staff member. Your items will remain on the floor for 60 days, with reductions in price taken at our discretion. After 30 days, reductions may be applied to any unsold merchandise. After 60 days, unsold items will be donated to local charity or disposed of at the discretion of Red Umbrella Consignment.
Learn much more about consigning by going to howtoconsign.com.
Some of the most popular brands we sell:
Spendid, Madewell, Marc Jacobs, Vince, Free People, Lucky Brand, Johnny Was, Ann Taylor, Calvin Klein, Anne Klein, INC, Betsey Johnson, , Bebe, Sigrid Olsen, all Anthropologie labels, Tahari, Talbot’s, Gap, Banana Republic, J.Crew, Abercrombie & Fitch, DKNY, Seven For All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, Joe's, Kate Spade, Coach, Dooney & Bourke, as well new boutique clothing from local stores’ past seasons.